RCIA “Right of Christian Initiation of Adults” is the process through which non-Catholics are given instruction to become Catholics. The process will begin this year on October 3rd and culminates with people receiving the sacraments of initiation at the Easter Vigil. The process includes weekly instructional gatherings, two events at the Blessed Sacrament Cathedral, and several Sunday celebrations here at St. Valentine.
The instructional gatherings provide the participants with information regarding our Faith, including meaning of sacraments, the Holy Trinity, the Saints, the Holy Family, Catholic prayer and liturgy, the Church itself, and many other aspects of our Faith.
RCIA is for adults who:
· Are interested in learning about the Catholic Faith
· Have never been baptized
· Have been baptized in another Christian faith and are interested in the Catholic Faith
· Are baptized Catholics who have not yet received the Sacraments of First Communion or Confirmation
· Are married to a Catholic and attend Mass and would like to take the next step to become a member of the Catholic Church
· Are Catholic but want to learn more about their Faith
If you know of anyone interested in becoming Catholic, please invite them to contact the Parish Office at 313-532-4394, Deacon Ron, Fr. Kishore or Fr. Socorro. If you are interested yourself in learning more about our Faith, you are also invited to attend the RCIA sessions.
This year the sessions will be held weekly on Thursday evenings at St. Valentine beginning on October 3rd.
See you all next Sunday at the picnic Mass and fun!
Fr. Kishore Battu SAC