In Attendance: Fr Henry, Fr Socorro, Lisa Alexander, Dan Benard, Rachel Damuth, Ron Fron, Anthony Janisse, Joe Kelly, Jeff Kramer, Suzanne Mote, Mike Nowak, Alan Pawlik, Allison Wright.
· New pew “Reserved” signs officially approved by PC.
· Condition of Church & School Areas – Joe Kelly to form a committee to assess and deal with the clutter. Possibly donate some items to the church rummage sale on 21-MAY-2016. Bill Charlton to research the cost of renting a dumpster for junk. Ron Fron knows someone who may haul junk away at no cost. Unused paint cans may be donated. Open paint cans and other chemicals could be disposed of on 30-APR-2016 in Livonia. Computer equipment in the church basement will be recycled by Alan Pawlik.
· Fund Raiser – Irish Fest opportunity to serve corned beef being pursued by PTC. Alternative suggestions: Craft Show, Flea Market, Progressive Dinner, Dueling Pianos engagement, Silent Auction. 70th Anniversary Gala will take place in April or May 2017.
· Proper Dress & Procession for Lectors and E.M.s – PC discussed the spectrum of items people have witnessed our Lectors and Eucharistic Ministers wearing. Rachel Damuth to provide the wording from her school Open House communication as a tactful way to request proper dress. Those in the procession should press their hands together as in prayer while moving down the aisle. E.M.s should also keep their hands pressed together while waiting for the host/chalice.
· Church Picnic – Will be held in the School Gym on 28-AUG-2016. Initial discussion of food, games, etc. Meeting scheduled for 02-AUG-2016 @ 7:30PM to discuss the preparations, etc.
· Religion IOWA scores – St. Valentine School won (2) AOD awards: 3rd Place for 5th Grade “Highest Score” and “Most Improved School”.
· School Open House – (2) Open House events held in 2016. The first was the largest one in years! The second brought (7) families. Giving (2) tours per week on average since.
· Kindergarten will be full again this year; anticipating (24) students. There are (22) this year.
· SAC working with J. Bentley on a marketing video for the school.
· PTC hosting a Trivia Night on 16-APR-2016 in the gym from 6:30-10PM. Event is designed to grow and support families who need tuition assistance.
· Rachel has requested the formation of a “buildings & grounds committee.” Members from the parish, Men’s Club and school should all be involved.
Need a list of things that need to be done similar to the one previously maintained by Stewardship.
· Synod “Encounter, Grow and Witness” – Parish Dialog Gathering to be held 16-MAY-2016, facilitated by Mike Nowak and Deacon Lawrence. Goal of 100+ people; representatives from each group should attend.
· Fr. Socorro approached the AoD about 15% of the rent Montessori pays Our Lady of Loretto that usually gets sent to the AoD and ultimately is dispersed to other parishes. He requested all the funds to be sent to their sister parish. St. Valentine parish now receives $1,400.00 every month!
· Mass in June for High School & College graduations; 5th,12th or 26? Donut Sunday to accompany it?
Next meeting 19-APR-2016 @ 7:30pm