Dear St. Valentine Parishioners,
Our Catholic Schools are always a blessing but are especially so during the challenge of the pandemic. St. Valentine School is very proud that our students have been learning face to face since August and we are now in our 20th week of students here with us in the building learning daily. Through very strict health and safety measures we have been able to remain COVID-19 free in our building while keeping students learning in our classrooms in reading, math, science, history, language, writing and most importantly learning about the Catholic Faith and our call to be followers of Jesus.
We celebrate weekly mass together on Fridays through a livestream to students in the classroom and at home. In addition to students in the building, we have 41 students who are learning from home. Our teachers continue to support those students through Google classroom and daily Zoom classes.
The community of parents and teachers have been an inspiration throughout this school year. We have been able to be in our building daily because of the trust and support of families. St. Valentine continues to work hard to meet our mission of providing a Catholic education based on Gospel values, community, educational excellence, and following Christ each and every day. Please pray for us daily.
St. Valentine Catholic School is celebrating National Catholic Schools Week January 31-February 6. Our week looks a little different than in other years, but we still have so much to celebrate! Here is a look at what we are doing this week.
· Christian service project “Senior Smiles” We will send cards to seniors living in care facilities.
· Student Principal for a Day raffle and fundraiser We can’t wait to see who will be in charge!
· Teacher Appreciation Day Teachers will get lunch, a dress down day, and cards from families.
· Student Appreciation Day Students will get to wear wacky clothing and will join in an all-school bingo game with fun prizes donated by the PTC and parents.
· We will celebrate mass together as a school on Friday at 8:30am.
· Students will write letters and notes to their parents thanking them for the sacrifices they make to provide a Catholic Education.
· We will continue to pray the intention of the month given to us by Pope Francis every day and we will also pray for Catholic Schools everywhere during our daily morning all school prayers.
We will not have traditional open house this year due to Covid-19, however we will offer private tours to any family interested in attending St. Valentine school in the 20-21 school year. Please spread the news that families can inquire at www.stvalentineschool.com if they would like to find out more or call us at 313 533-7149 to find out all that St. Valentine Catholic School has to offer.
Thank you, St. Valentine Parish, for your ongoing support!
Yours in Christ,